Re: BioRDF Telcon - Provenance related information

Thanks for sharing the information, Satya.

Your group's work on workflow provenance seems to be quite synergistic
with what the BioRDF and Scientific Discourse task forces are doing and
could potentially facilitate task force intersection.

To provide a neuroscience context, below is an example from the NIH
neuroscience microarray consortium:

http://np2.tgen.org/np2/viewProject.do?action=viewProject&projectId=176167

It describes a drosophila (fruit fly) microarray experiment that uses
gene expression profiling to study how the genes involved in circadian
rhythm regulation affect long-term memory/learning. As described in the
project, such a neuroscience microarray study is relevant to drug
addiction research and Alzheimer's disease research. The project
description has sections such as hypothesis and experimental procedure
and design, which may contain relevant provenance information.

Cheers,

-Kei