Re: Less strong equivalences (was Re: blog: semantic dissonance in uniprot)

From: Oliver Ruebenacker <curoli@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:35:14 -0400
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Cc: Matthias Samwald <samwald@gmx.at>, Mark Wilkinson <markw@illuminae.com>, Phillip Lord <phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk>, W3C HCLSIG hcls <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
     Hello Bijan, All,

  These are not even transitive, right? So what can we do with them
reasoning-wise?

  Isn't likeness too much in the eye of the beholder to be agreed upon
universally? Why not move such concepts to more specialized ontologies
instead of OWL?

     Take care
     Oliver

--
Oliver Ruebenacker, Computational Cell Biologist
BioPAX Integration at Virtual Cell (http://vcell.org/biopax)