Re: blog: semantic dissonance in uniprot

From: Matthias Samwald <samwald@gmx.at>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 19:41:27 +0100
To: "Bijan Parsia" <bparsia@cs.manchester.ac.uk>, "Oliver Ruebenacker" <curoli@gmail.com>
Cc: "Mark Wilkinson" <markw@illuminae.com>, "Phillip Lord" <phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk>, "W3C HCLSIG hcls" <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

>>> Another predicate is needed that is less "rigourous" -
>>> owl:kindOfLike  :-)
>>
>>  What do we gain from non-rigorous statements?
>
> "rigorous" is not the right term. "Less strong" is the point

Bijan,

Was the possibility of introducing an owl:kindOfLike - like property
discussed in the OWL2 working group? If yes, what came out of it? If not,
why not?

Cheers,
Matthias Samwald

DERI Galway, Ireland
http://deri.ie/

Konrad Lorenz Institute for Evolution & Cognition Research, Austria
http://kli.ac.at/