Re: blog: semantic dissonance in uniprot

     Hello Mark, All,

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Mark Wilkinson <markw@illuminae.com> wrote:
> Well... human beings are notoriously good at making sense of the
> nonsensical... that's why we're so bad at creating formal ontologies :-)

  It does not look nonsensical to me to begin with. It seems to me
that using the definitions most typical in Systems Biology, it makes
perfect sense, and that it becomes nonsensical if you use definitions
less typical in Systems Biology. To me, it looks like a clear
statement, so clear, in fact, that it is easy to tell that it's wrong.
If it was not clear, it would be difficult, if not impossible, to
prove it wrong.

     Take care
     Oliver

--
Oliver Ruebenacker, Computational Cell Biologist
BioPAX Integration at Virtual Cell (http://vcell.org/biopax)