RE: blog: semantic dissonance in uniprot

hi eric,

this is probably a bit naive but i can think of two examples.

one is that i often do paper examples (i'm a bit of a luddite) when i'm
working out ideas so i might sketch out some object that i will then
annotate from OWL ontologies to 'see how it works.'  this might even be
in a group environment where it is done on a white board.

another example would be someone who is going to perform a biological
experiment (perhaps gene expression) where they will jot down in their
notebook some terms from OBI to describe the type of experiment.  the
experiment doesn't work out so it is never published.

by the by, i have also found the discussion useful, i do miss bill bug's
input.

cheers,
michael
Michael Miller