Re: blog: semantic dissonance in uniprot

I think this discussion has been quite useful and important, since there are
some remaining issues to be clarified by this community. I think all points
raised are good, but not equally valid. Bijan and Phil's thoughts are very
useful for me, and would probably resonate within the informatics groups at
pharma companies.

I think a key guidance principle here is to ensure that whatever is proposed
"makes sense and works with molecular biologists" (scientists). Perhaps
existing information resources need a major "enhancement" in order to work
in a semantic web, but then let's make it quite clear (to all possible
users) what the readily perceivable value of all these ontological
adjustments will be.

cheers,
**Eric

"Ceci n'est pas une *protéine !**"** **- with apologies to René Magritte*