Re: Microsoft Releases Open Tools to Enhance Scientific Research Efforts Building on Science Commons Ontologies

This is indeed a significant announcement.  Folks should know that the
Word plug-in was designed by the bioinformatics group at UCSD.  It
accesses ontologies via the BioPortal resource developed by the
National Center for Biomedical Ontology (http://BioPortal.bioontology.org
).

We at the NCBO are eager to work with other collaborators who may want
to use our ontology-related Web services.  We're also eager for
feedback on our work.

Mark

On Mar 16, 2009, at 12:53 AM, "M. Scott Marshall" <marshall@science.uva.nl