Re: Introduction(s) to HCLS IG

Hi all,

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 8:27 PM, M. Scott Marshall
<marshall@science.uva.nl> wrote:
> Several new people have joined HCLS IG http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/hcls/
> lately. Welcome! We have a tradition of sending an Introduction so the
> mailing list to help participants get to know each other and find common
> interests. Would those of you who haven't yet done so please send an
> introduction to the list?

my apologies for not having sent around an introduction on who I am
and what I do before, but here goes.

My name is Egon Willighagen and currently post-doc at Uppsala
University, working on applying cheminformatics in drug discovery. I
am one of the lead developers of the (open source) Chemistry
Development Kit, and got a PhD (2008) in representation of molecular
systems in light of data analysis, which involves distribution of data
too, which explains my long standing interest in semantic markup of
molecular data, such as Chemical Markup Language. My blog is a good
resource of what I have been doing in general,
http://chem-bla-ics.blogspot.com/, or otherwise my publications,
http://www.citeulike.org/user/egonw/tag/papers.

Currently I am working on setting up RDF for small molecules, with the
InChI as central identifier: http://rdf.openmolecules.net/

In addition to this I am extending Bioclipse with RDF support (see my
blog), which allows visualization of molecular data in 2D/3D and use
it for model building and pattern recognition.

In the past year I worked at Wageningen University, where I worked on
a SKOS-based ontology for metabolomics, for which the software under
development in an international consortium is available from
http://metware.org/.

Hoping this was informative,

Egon Willighagen

--