Re: BioRDF Telcon

Hi,

I've been lurking on this list for a while, and I see that there's some
interest in microarray data from the last call minutes. I run the
ArrayExpress database and we have some resources that may be of interest
to this group:

1. We have text mined much of the Affymetrix GEO data, curated it and
imported it into  ArrayExpress - there is now much better sample
annotation than the native data in GEO. We also are running QC across
all the data files so we know which should be excluded for future analyses.

2. We have developed an ontology for text mining and visualisation of
the data - it's been tested by us and the Bioportal and gives the best
coverage on public domain gene expression data of all tested ontologies
- the next best is the NCI thesaurus. It's not very rich for
neuroscience, but we could improve it if there's interest and use cases
www.ebi.ac.uk/efo

3. We have summary level data of genes x conditions for ~30,000 hybs
worth of data in our gene expression atlas with p values indicating
relative under/over-expression. We are planning to export these as
triples as soon as we publish the atlas - these may be of interest.
www.ebi.ac.uk/gxa - there's an API at present, but it will be improved
in the next month or so.

4. If neuroscience data is of specific interest we could do a themed
atlas release where we add datasets for a given community or project and
make these available. These can be identified by ArrayExpress or GEO
accession or pubmed and we can re-annotate the genes vs Uniprot/Ensembl,
add GO terms, etc and curate the sample attributes and experimental
variables. These pipelines are already in place as part of our
production workflow.

I'd be very happy to collaborate, and for this group to use our data, we
spend a lot of time adding semantic value to it, so please let me know
if this is of interest

best regards

Helen

--