Re: Associated Traditional Chinese Medicine Dataset loaded

M. Scott Marshall wrote:
> Hi June,
>
> We're trying to move some of these threads that are of general
> interest to the main list with the tag [BioRDF]. I hope that you don't
> mind if my reply CC's public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org.
>
> Jun Zhao wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Great to know that you are very interested in this dataset. I have
>> converted the whole dataset into RDF/XML. However, I would like to do
>> some test before I release it to you within the next week.
>> I have noticed that there might be some potential misinterpretations
>> in the data I shared with Adrian last week. I think it is not a very
>> easy task to delete RDF triples from a store. It might be easy in
>> Virtuoso if the triples are uploaded in a specific named graph. I am
>> not sure how easy it would be for Sesame/AllegroGraph. I plan to do
>> some queries with
>
> Sesame 2 has named graphs so it should be about the same as for Virtuoso.
Does it support SPARUL? Virtuoso uses SPARUL as one of its options to
Triples CRUD.

> I looked at Allegrographs page and was confused at first about where
> firefox found 'named graphs' (it's in text that is not initially
> visible) in the main page http://agraph.franz.com/allegrograph/ under
> Additional Features.
>
>> # Named Graphs for Weights, Trust Factors, Provenance
>>
>> AllegroGraph actually stores quints. A triple in AllegroGraph
>> contains 5 slots, the first three being subject (s), predicate (p),
>> and object (o). The remaining two are a named-graph slot (g) and a
>> unique id assigned by AllegroGraph. The id slot is used for internal
>> administrative purposes, but can also be referred to by other triples
>> directly.
>>
>> The W3C proposal is to use the 'named-graph' slot for clustering
>> triples. So for example, you load a file with triples into
>> AllegroGraph and you use the filename as the named-graph. This way,
>> if there are changes to the triple file, you just update those
>> triples in the named graph that came from the original file. However,
>> with AllegroGraph, you can also put other attributes such as weights,
>> trust factors, times, latitudes, longitudes, etc, into the named
>> graph slot.
>
> BTW, it's nice to see such explicit support for provenance.
>
> Also, Sesame supports removing triples that match a given pattern (a
> paste from the openrdf-workbench web interface):
>
>>         Please specify subject, predicate and/or object of the
>>         statements that should be removed. Empty fields match with any
>>         subject, predicate or object. URIs, bNodes and literals should
>>         be entered using the N-Triples encoding. Example values in
>>         N-Triples encoding are:
>
>>                       URI:
>>                       <http://foo.com/bar>
>>     *
>>                       BNode:
>>                       _:nodeID
>>     *
>>                       Literal:
>>                       "Hello"
>>                       ,
>>                       "Hello"@en
>>                       and
>>                       "Hello"^^<http://bar.com/foo>
>
> I should note that the openrdf-workbench probably won't 'talk' to
> Allegrograph, so this feature probably won't solve your problem.
I assume the problem is Triple Pattern based CRUD. If so, then SPARUL
support in the Triple / Quad Store is the solution re. generic support etc..

Kignsley

--

Regards,

President & CEO