Re: Microarray Experiment Context

Hi all,

It may be worth mentioning that the MGED ontology is working to
integrate within the Ontology for Biomedical Investigations (OBI - http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/obi)
  . Jie Zheng in Chris Stoeckert group is currently working on this.

The OBI Release Candidate 1.0 has just been published - see http://obi-ontology.org/page/Releases/2009-11-06
. A mechanism allowing specific lightweight import of specific terms
from external resources, MIREOT (the Minimum Information to Reference
an External Ontology Term, http://precedings.nature.com/documents/3574/version/1)
  has also been developed and implemented, and OBI currently imports
terms from NIFSTD amongst others.

Feel free to send any comment/question to the OBI users list, at http://groups.google.com/group/obi-users?hl=en
.

Regards,
Melanie

On 7-Dec-09, at 7:48 AM, Kei Cheung wrote:

> Hi Satya et al,
>
> Thanks for creating the wiki page. I think it's a good start. I hope
> our use case can help facilitate some of the ontology alignment
> effort. You already listed a few to start. Other might include:
> NIFSTD, SenseLab, SWAN, TMO, etc. You can also add my name to the
> contact for the page if you want.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Kei
>
> Satya Sahoo wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I have created a wiki page to collect provenance related terms
>> describing experiment conditions and protocols used to generate
>> microarray data [1]. The page also lists a set of queries that rely
>> on the provenance information associated with gene expression data.
>> Please add additional terms required to better describe the
>> experiment context, such as the statistical tools or process used
>> to obtain gene list (published in literature) from raw experiment
>> data.
>> -- thanks to Jun for the wiki page edit rights :)
>> cheers,
>> Satya
>> Kno.e.sis
>> http://knoesis.wright.edu/researchers/satya