Re: BioRDF Telcon

Hi all,
michael wrote:
> what is usually missing from those documents, along with the final gene list, is how that gene list was obtained, what higher level analysis was used, that is generally only in the paper unfortunately.

Could you list some specific terms that describe "how gene list was obtained" and "higher level of analysis"? - we can include these in the list of provenance terms I am compiling to describe the experiment context. An initial list of provenance terms from a MAGE-ML file [1] is located at [2].

lena: I am trying to get edit rights for the wiki pages (I believe my username "SatyaSahoo" needs to be added to a list according to the new W3C wiki policy). I will send out an update and link once I get access.

Best,
satya

Kno.e.sis center, WSU
http://knoesis.wright.edu/researchers/satya

[1] http://np2.ctrl.ucla.edu/np2/mage/mageml.jsp
[2]  http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_BioRDF_Subgroup/QueryFederation2?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=NeuroscienceMicroarrayConsortium_ProvenanceTerms.txt

<mdmiller53@comcast.net <mailto:mdmiller53@comcast.net> wrote:

 >     hi all,
 >
 >     (from the minutes)
 >
 >     "Yolanda/Kei/Scott: semantic annotation/description
of workflow
 >     would enable the retrieval of data relevant to that
workflow (i.e..
 >     data that could be used to populate that workflow for
a different
 >     experimental scenario)"
 >
 >     what is typically in a MAGE-TAB/MAGE-ML document are
the protocols
 >     for how the source was processed into the extract
then how the
 >     hybridization, feature extraction, error and
normalization were
 >     performed.  these are interesting and different
protocols can