Re: BioGateway

From: Mark Musen <musen@Stanford.EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 13:08:02 -0800
To: Erick Antezana <erant@psb.ugent.be>
Cc: eric neumann <ekneumann@gmail.com>, Ward Blondé <wablo@psb.ugent.be>, public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org, Matthias Samwald <samwald@gmx.at>, Martin Kuiper <martin.kuiper@bio.ntnu.no>, Vladimir Mironov <vladimir.mironov@bio.ntnu.no>, Mikel Egaña Aranguren <mikel.eganaaranguren@cs.man.ac.uk>

On Nov 3, 2008, at 2:18 PM, Erick Antezana wrote:
>  the SSB team clearly aims at collaborating around specific SB
> applications (such as therapeutic development). We (Ward, Mikel, I,
> and some others from the SSB team) will be at the SWAT4LS meeting (http://www.swat4ls.org/
> ) next 28 Nov. Will you be there? We could perhaps take the
> opportunity to initiate some discussions (e.g. URIs) within the
> panel session to set out the ground for a tentative F2F to
> specifically deal with such issues as you suggested.

Erick,

It's great that you will have an opportunity to talk about the URI
issue at SWAT4LS at the end of the month.  Some of us who were at ISWC
last week also had a very productive conversation regarding
requirements and possible implementation strategies.

The National Center for Biomedical Ontology in the U.S. will be
working with several other groups to host a meeting on URIs for
biomedical resources next spring or summer.  We hope to have more
information on this workshop available in the next few weeks.

Regards,

Mark