Re: KB note

Hi Elizabeth et al.,

I just found the following document.

http://www.aan.com/professionals/practice/pdfs/dementia_guideline.pdf

which summarizes several guidelines with respect to detection, diagnosis, treatment, and management of dementia (e.g., alzheimer). A colleague of mine referred me to the following website (American Academy of Neurology):

http://www.aan.com

which has a full version of these guidelines. I wonder if this would be of help to classify AD patients for inclusion/exclusion in a clinical trial or to analyze patient data retropectively. I also wonder if this would be of interest to folks with clinical ontology background.

Thanks,

-Kei

Elizabeth Wu wrote:
> Hi Kei,
>
> There is an entry in the Drugs in Clinical Trials section of Alzforum on
> Huperzine A http://www.alzforum.org/drg/drc/detail.asp?id=53. The drug is
> currently in Phase IV clinical trial in China and phase II in the US.  Its
> proposed actions are linked to many of the AD hypotheses, and I would think
> that if there are sources on research on herbs that could provide more
> insight, it would be of interest to the community.
>
> Best,
>
> Elizabeth
>
> Elizabeth Wu
> Alzheimer Research Forum