Re: The W3C mailing lists will be limited to interest group participants.

I am not an active participant, but I am an active lurker.  I find the
discussions very important and useful. It would be a pity that membership is
required; if such a policy is implemented the resulting mailing list
wouldn't be the same as it wouldn't receive the input from a broader
community; by the same token, if another list is started as a consequence of
the W3 policy it wouldn't be the same -the other half would be missing.
Anyway, hopefully this policy will not move forward.

--
Alexander Garcia