Re: The W3C mailing lists will be limited to interest group participants.

I'd agree (and raised this in an email about 2 weeks ago). I'm
interested in the area, but currently work for an organisation that
isn't going to pay for membership. I also wouldn't read the archives....

I don't really see why it should be restricted; having more members is
not really more expensive (as it might be with a paper-based mailing
list). If the problem is that there are people whom you don't want on
the list/ flamers/ troll-merchants/ etc. then develop a procedure to
kick them off, rather than excluding everyone else.

Frankly, I don't see any real upside in restricting the membership, but
I might be missing something.

Matt

--
http://acl.icnet.uk/~mw