Re: messages to Data Integration in Life Sciences conf

2008/6/17 Michel_Dumontier <Michel_Dumontier@carleton.ca>:

> Eric,
> I'll be attending DILS, which does indeed look to be very interesting from our perspective. Holger will also be attending. Together, we will certainly raise the issue of HCLS participation with relevant or potential semweb groups.
>
> The work that we will be presenting describes our transformation of pubchem and drugbank into an OWL KB, whose representation follows more formal ontology. We show queries to both sources + dbpedia. The transformation of chemical data is done via a new OpenBabel plugin [1], which supports a transformation to our ontology, or to some arbitrary ontology.
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/semanticwebopenbabel/
>

> You also asked about the Bio2RDF;
> An HTML front end:
> http://bio2rdf.org
>
> A SPARQL endpoint using Virtoso:
> http://bio2rdf.org:8890/sparql
>
> the repository contents are listed here:
> http://freebase.com/view/user/bio2rdf/default_domain/atlas

Just a little more on Bio2RDF as a shameless promotion...

Bio2RDF is also distributing its software on sourceforge for people to
install locally and get the same functionality as the official site.

If anyone is interested you can find the installation guide at [1],
the software at [2] and the data downloads at [3]. Any suggestions or
bug reports can be made to the bio2rdf mailing list,
bio2rdf@googlegroups.com or at [4].

Cheers,

Peter

[1] http://bio2rdf.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Installation guide