Re: HCLS F2F

Susie M Stephens wrote:

> A preliminary agenda for the upcoming F2F meeting, on Oct. 20 & 21, in
> France, is now available [1].

FWIW I've just circulated an agenda for the general Semantic Web
Interest Group meeting, which we will be holding. Semi-unfortunately, it
is at the same time as HCLS (we had other clashes to avoid thurs/friday,
sorry).

* http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2008Aug/0274.html
* http://esw.w3.org/topic/SwigAtTp2008

Although the groups are meeting at the same time, it's good at least to
have everyone in the same place. I know a lot of communities are
starting to look at the HCLS IG effort as a possible role model, when
considering ways of adopting Semantic Web technology. For example, HCLS
is cited in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/ogws-cfp ("W3C Workshop on
Semantic Web in Energy Industries; Part I: Oil & Gas"), also
http://c4i.gmu.edu/OIC08/ ("Ontology for the intelligence community").

So I'm wondering if there might be scope for eg a joint break out
session on the tuesday, to talk about lessons learned etc from the HCLS
experience, with folk from both groups participating?

Either way, the TPAC provides plenty of opportunities for meeting and
talking...

cheers,

Dan