RE: An argument for bridging information models and ontologies at the syntactic level

A (perhaps) naive question, inline below.

The distinction that I've been using is that medical signs are
measurements (as Dirk says), and thus 'data' (in the sense that they
live in some communication media - digital or paper depending on the
medical record system).  Diseases are 'pathological dispositions'.  This
is very much a BFO-ism (for lack of a better word), but it basically
means that they are the potential to manifest a process (a pathological
process) that can (often) results in a pathological formation.

I'd be curious to hear if this philosophical distinction matches the
underlying science here.

Chimezie (chee-meh) Ogbuji
Lead Systems Analyst
Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
Cleveland Clinic Foundation
9500 Euclid Avenue/ W26
Cleveland, Ohio 44195
Office: (216)444-8593
ogbujic@ccf.org

in America by U.S. News & World Report (2007).
locations.