Re: [Fwd: ISMB 2008 Call for Special Session Proposals + More ISCB Conference News]

It's possible but I doubt it would go down as a Special Session. That
isn't to discourage anyone from trying though.

You could surely apply for a software demonstration slot, and anyone
can do a BoF.

You could also apply for a SIG meeting, but ISCB has become
increasingly careful in evaluating which SIGs to hold with respect to
how much risk they run to lose money (as ISCB absorbs the losses).

Suzi's suggestion is a good one. You could also work with BOSC to
devote a session to semantic web tools and software, which might in
fact benefit both crowds. The only constraint from that is that all
software being presented would have to be open source.

	-hilmar

On Sep 20, 2007, at 10:50 AM, Eric Jain wrote:

> Paolo Romano wrote:
>> as I see it, ISMB is always being preferring Science, instead of
>> Technology.
>
> In principal, perhaps, but "technology" stuff seems to attract
> plenty of attention (maybe not as main talks, but as SIGs, BOFs,
> posters and demos, plus of course there are all the technology
> vendors with their booths)...

: Hilmar Lapp  -:-  Durham, NC  -:- hlapp at duke dot edu :