Re: [Fwd: ISMB 2008 Call for Special Session Proposals + More ISCB Conference News]

At 16:50 20/09/2007, Eric Jain wrote:

>Paolo Romano wrote:
>>as I see it, ISMB is always being preferring Science, instead of Technology.
>
>In principal, perhaps, but "technology" stuff seems to attract
>plenty of attention (maybe not as main talks, but as SIGs, BOFs,
>posters and demos, plus of course there are all the technology
>vendors with their booths)...

we are speaking about a Special Session.
 From the Charter:

>>Special Sessions have the purpose of introducing the ISMB community
>>to relevant and "hot" scientific topics that are typically not
>>within the focus of an ISMB meeting, and highlighting the impact of
>>computational biology and bioinformatics within these emerging topics.

Paolo

Paolo Romano (paolo.romano@istge.it)
Bioinformatics
National Cancer Research Institute (IST)
Largo Rosanna Benzi, 10, I-16132, Genova, Italy
Tel: +39-010-5737-288  Fax: +39-010-5737-295