Re: I read a challenge. was, Re: [gofriends] GO ontology in OWL format

Agreed, although it can get complicated quickly. For example, the
part of relations go through is_a, (a part_of some b, b subclassOf c
=> a part_of some c) and there can be negations in the GO
annotations. If you get into subproperties, some of which are
transitive and some not it gets even more complicated.
However, the reason that I did the part_of computation in Pellet,
aside from wanting to make sure it was correct, was to demonstrate
one way to go about getting the correct inferences and then deploying
them in a system that could respond quickly to queries.

-Alan