Re: [hcls] User interfaces for writing / querying RDF: Leeet

Since we are talking about user interface, another thing we might want
to consider is the possible intersection of web 2.0 and semantic web
(some people call it web 3.0 :-) )  in terms of semantic mashup of
scientific data and tools. Current web 2.0 technologies (e.g., flickr,
myspace, ...) provide great ways of mashing things up over the web
because of its ease of use and its leverage of existing web
technologies. I think it would be great if we can somehow combine the
ease of use and semantic richness provided by web 2.0 and semantic
technologies, respectively to build useful applications for scientific
users (killer apps?!). To this end, I'm thinking yahoo pipes as an
example. One can use yahoo pipes to create workflow (integrating data
and tools) graphically. It works for url, csv (comma separated values),
feeds, atoms, xml, etc, but not rdfs, owl, ontologies, lsid, etc.
Wouldn't it be nice if we can merge something like yahoo pipes with
semantic web?

Cheers,

-Kei