Re: One ontology schema - heterogeneous instance bases

Xiaoshu Wang wrote:
> [...] Is its semantics any different from the "creator" defined by
> the dublin core?  If there isn't any, (at least from what I can tell),
> then bioPAX SHOULD NOT reinvent the wheel to mint this term because, if
> every "ontology" developed its own author term, then, there will be
> hundreds of "authors/creators" etc., that we have to align when the
> so-called BioPAX data is mixed with other kind of data. [...]

Can't speak for BioPAX, but I can say that for me one problem with DC is
that it's RDF(S), so I can't use the properties in my OWL restrictions etc!

There are some OWL versions (Protege even allows you to import one), but I
don't know if that is a good idea, as far as I can see this isn't official?