Re: [hcls] Harmonization of labels, descriptions and definitions

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 12:59:05 -0400
Cc: William Bug <William.Bug@DrexelMed.edu>, public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org, cjm@fruitfly.org
To: samwald@gmx.at
In think in the short term, in context of the HCLS demo, we can use
SPARUL rules to convert various forms of definitions and labels to
the usual rdfs:comment and rdfs:label. The only issue I see is that
there is a need for secondary labels (or conversely primary labels),
so we might want to borrow skos:prefLabel for cases where we need
this. Still, I would have that be redundant with rdfs:label.

Course there is a problem with, e.g. multiple synonyms - how does one
choose the rdfs:label to use in display if there are so many that are
not distinguished?

-Alan