Re: [hcls] A map of the Semantic Web for life science and health care

samwald@gmx.at wrote:
> After a lot of thinking I have finally decided on the style for the
> visualization. I chose a geographical metaphor, here is an example (with
> arbitrary connections):
> http://neuroweb.med.yale.edu/senselab/temporary_files/map-draft-2.png

The metaphor is clearly flawed, or else surely UniProt would be depicted in
the center :-)

You state that "if two ontologies are mapped in a separate mapping file,
there should be a direct connection between both". Does a simple HTTP-based
resolver count as a "mapping file"?

Also, a resource such as UniProt, while focussed on proteins, has various
ontologies that are not restricted to proteins, how to represent that?