Re: Advancing translational research with the Semantic Web

On May 16, 2007, at 3:53 PM, Pat Hayes wrote:

>> Named graphs ARE supported by most triplestores, but they are
>> mostly already reserved for other uses, like the representation of
>> provenance based on the RDF files that the triples were loaded from.
>
> Reserved? In what sense? a single URi can have multiple properties
> and hence multiple uses.

I think he means reserved in the sense of the question I asked you
about nested graphs - if graphs can't nest then it seems difficult,
on the face of it, to have a graph that groups a set of statements
that, say, comes from one data provider(the provenance information),
and within it graphs that mark groups of statements in order to talk
about evidence for them.

-Alan