Re: Ambiguous names. was: Re: URL +1, LSID -1

Waclaw Kusnierczyk wrote:
> Oh, no.  If there are two proteins out there, they are two, and you have
> nothing to *decide* about that.  You may fuse them in that or another
> way, but this does not change the fact that at the previous time there
> were two.

"Out there" you'll find all kinds of molecules and stuff, but what you call
them (and what is required for you to decide that two of them under your
microscope are the "same"), that seems quite arbitrary to me (by which I
mean that different people can easily come to different conclusions).