Re: URL +1, LSID -1

Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
> Perhaps Eric would be so kind as to create
> http://purl.uniprot.org/rdf/uniprot/P12345 to link directly to the RDF
> document.
>
> In addition, there is a LINK REL mechanism to link the HTML version to RDF.
>
> If Eric was in a particularly good mood, maybe he would consider moving
> http://purl.uniprot.org/uniprot/P12345 to
> http://purl.uniprot.org/html/uniprot/P12345 if these URLs always return
> html documents.

The thing is Eric has already got URLs crawling out of his ears... What's
the benefit for him to have another PURL for each specific representation
of http://purl.uniprot.org/uniprot/P12345, when he already has
http://beta.uniprot.org/uniprot/P12345,
http://beta.uniprot.org/uniprot/P12345.txt,
http://beta.uniprot.org/uniprot/P12345.rdf, etc?

> If he's in an even better mood, perhaps he would even consider
> creating    http://purl.uniprot.org/record/uniprot/P12345 to denote the
> record, without commitment to format, and arrange to have 303 responses
> as we have started to do with the HCLS demo.

Are there any standards/tools that know what to do with 303 responses?