Re: request of the repository location for hosting *RDF, *OWL, *N3 files possibly at W3C server

Helen,

As many of you know, NLM is developing a large repository of biomedical
knowledge, extracted from the biomedical literature, terminological and
knowledge bases, and contributed by outside collaborators. (The research
presented by Satya Sahoo at the HCLS workshop at ISWC [and to the BioRDF
group] on RDFizing Entrez Gene is part of this effort). Although the
repository does not quite exist yet, you would be welcome to contribute
your datasets to our repository. (Of course we would have to find common
grounds on identifiers and metadata if your dataset is to be integrated
with other knowledge sources).
You can find some more details on this project in a report we wrote a
few months ago:
Bodenreider O, Rindflesch TC.
Advanced library services: Developing a biomedical knowledge repository
to support advanced information management applications.
Technical report. Bethesda, Maryland: Lister Hill National Center for
Biomedical Communications, National Library of Medicine; September 14, 2006.
http://mor.nlm.nih.gov/pubs/pdf/2006-ALS-BoSC.pdf
Feedback welcome as usual.

The invitation above should not prevent you from depositing your
datasets on the NCBO BioPortal as suggested by Mark Musen. Presence on
the BioPortal will ensure immediate diffusion and visibility, while
integration into our biomedical knowledge repository will ensure
interoperability with other knowledge sources.

-- Dr. Olivier Bodenreider
Staff Scientist
National Library of Medicine
8600 Rockville Pike - MS 3841 (Bldg 38A, Rm B1N28U)
Bethesda, MD 20894 - USA
phone: 301 435-3246 - fax: 301 480-3035