Re: BIONT/BioRDF [Telcon]

Hi Mark,

I watched most of your demo earlier - tough it would have been good
to know up front that it would be 15 minutes.  I ran out of time and
didn't get to the end.  I liked it though.  It's clear that we all
need to do some thinking on what and how so that we can map it out.
I recently went to a meeting at the MASS Technology Leadership
Council - Life Sciences. There were several demos there that were all
good, but the one the audience reacted to the most was by Rishi Sikka
Boston U's Dept of Emergency Medicine.  The product was Curbside.MD
and the company Praxeon.  Here's the link to the website, thought I
didn't see a demo there.  What made the demo compelling was that
everyone could relate to it, i.e. things were expressed in terms that
were not a far reach for the audience.   On our recent telecon's and
even in the email thread, a lot of us are having difficulty
visualizing what it is we want do demo.  So, let's continue the
discussions ......

Here's a link to some *non-science* demo tips:  http://www.instant-
demo.com/idhelp/source/help/help_create_tips.htm

Have a good weekend!

Joanne

On Feb 9, 2007, at 4:11 PM, Mark Montgomery wrote:

> Quite a bit different than the demo you are working on apparently,
> but we just finished a demo for our Kyield suite a few weeks ago
> and it was quite an experience. It involves semantic technology,
> but isn't technical- rather showing proposed functionality for
> decision makers primarily- boards, CIOs, larger VC firms. The
> subject org was a global semiconductor company due to personal
> relationships with key execs, although it's similar for any R&D org
> so matters little. Target audience was multiple, which of course
> detracts some for each.
>
> Had good help from our advisory team representing thought leaders
> in their fields from computer science, knowledge management, tech
> writing, and life sciences. By the time it was completed, it was in
> some respects outdated, but so it goes. Wasn't quite what we
> intended- communications/language issues with developer. More
> challenging than it appears.
>
> Flash, with narration. Wound up being a bit over 15 minutes, 10
> would have been better although I am sometimes amazed at what it
> requires in communications..... Might glean something from it
> anyway for your purposes. - MM
>
> http://www.kyield.com/DemoNew/KYield_Demo.html
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan Ruttenberg"
> <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>