Re: [BioRDF] URI Resolution

On Feb 4, 2007, at 3:59 PM, Xiaoshu Wang wrote:

> I am not sure how owl:hasValue can be used here? The owl:hasValue
> is intended for a resource, but not the string that IDed the
> resource right? For instance, if there is an ontology says the
> rabbit:favoriteFood is  ex:carrot.  It implies every object of
> rabbit:favoriteFood is a carrot, but it does not means the property
> pointing to the same resource, right? There can be two instances of
> carrots, one at http://example.com/foo and the other one at http://
> xyz.org/bar.  Although both are carrots, but they can have
> different weights, colors etc., I am not sure how can owl:hasValue
> help here?

Please review slides 31-34 in [1] for a precise example of the
technique I am referring to. There is a link to working code that
implements the example within lsw [2]

In particular note that (restriction !getMethod (has-value !
vitaminSourceDemoMethod)))) on vitaminSourceDemoThing means that when
we ask for the  getMethod of http://www.example.org/NM_013987_XML
which is a vitaminSourceDemoThing, we get vitaminSourceDemoMethod
even though it is not explicitly asserted as a property value of
ex:NM_013987_XML

Since there is an existing worked out example, it would be easier to
answer questions that refer to it. I found it a little difficult to
see what you were getting at in your question.

-Alan

[1] http://tinyurl.com/y5tmud
[2] http://svn.mumble.net:8080/svn/lsw/trunk/

ps. If they are carrots, then they are NotAnInformationEntity, and
can't be "resolved" at all :)