Re: RDF123 maps spreadsheet data to RDF

Eric Neumann wrote:
> ... I have a question : does your conversion assume each column
 > can be represented as only a predicate type? If so, what about
 > cases where the columns indicate objects, as in the gene expression
 > as per the below example:
> ------- tissue1   tissue2      tissue3    tissue4   ...
> geneA    val#       val#         val#       val#       ...
> geneB    val#       val#         val#       val#       ...
> geneC    val#       val#         val#       val#       ...

Yes, RDF123 supports this example and much more complicated ones.
Earlier spreadsheet to RDF systems generally made the assumption
that each row corresponded to an instance and specified values for
its properties. In RDF123, each row can create any number of
instances. Take a look at the examples in http://rdf123.umbc.edu/examples/

Tim

--
  Tim Finin, Computer Science & Electrical Engineering, Univ of Maryland
  Baltimore County, 1000 Hilltop Cir, Baltimore MD 21250. finin@umbc.edu