Re: Does follow-your-nose apply in the enterprise? was: RDF for molecules, using InChI

Michel_Dumontier wrote:
> Sure, HTTP URIs can be used
> as identifiers, but why would I mint arbitrary HTTP URIs when I can use
> a scheme that has no resolution protocol implicitly or explicitly
> associated with it?

Indeed, especially since at the moment HTTP URIs will cost you at least 5
cents a piece, whereas non-HTTP URIs may go for as little as 2 cents each!

In any case, the most practical non-HTTP URIs that are in use at the moment
seem to be LSIDs and DOIs; both have an associated resolution protocol...