RE: making statements on the semantic web

Oh no, don't get me wrong. There is requirement of a comprehensive
registry. The purl approach is certainly one way of doing this, but the
current list is not exhaustive [1] (perhaps there is another page?).
Moreover, we can build, and advertise an rdf document that describes
equivalent URIs, for people to use when integrating data. This was the
principle idea behind the Banff Manifesto, and is being used in Bio2RDF
[2].

-=Michel=-

[1] http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/Banff2007Demo
[2] http://bio2rdf.org/JSPWiki/Wiki.jsp?page=BanffManifesto