W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org > August 2007

HCLS meeting record 2 Aug 2007

From: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 18:35:27 -0400
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
Message-ID: <20070806223527.GI9081@w3.org>


2 Aug 2007

   See also: [2]IRC log


          Eric_Neumann, Chimezie, Susie, Helen_Chen, mscottm, EricP,
          Don_Doherty, Vipul_Kashyap




     * [3]Topics
     * [4]Summary of Action Items

   <eneumann> ACTION: chimezie to scribe 9 August [recorded in

   <EricN> AC agree the HCLS extension to DEC31

   <EricN> AC agree to extend charter to Dec. 31

   EricN: AC granted extension of HCLS chater to dec. 31
   ... F2F proposed to be inDec.

   suggested to be close to W3C technical plannary meeting around Dec. 19

   <EricN> have discussion online to get most people to attend F2F

   F2F will be hosted by Cleveland clinic group

   <EricN> Gwen says the hotel range around US$145

   <EricN> in the next two weeks, should be reach the decision on F2F
   location and date

   Susie, can also have discussion URI at the same time

   <EricN> will send message to get concensus

   <mscottm> note of interest: cleveland clinic recently made headlines:
   revived brain activity with 'deep brain' stimulation, of course already
   known by most I suppose

   ideally should be outside Boston.

   <EricN> give a brief on ISMB conference, very well received, and lots
   of interests in SW

   <mscottm> Helen: the W3C technical plenary is 5 - 10 November

   <EricN> expected to have a massive amount of bio data in uri for use
   next year

   unipot, biopax, and Laryy Hunter(?) mentioned datamining work done with
   large corpus of bio data, willing to have URIs

   EricJ asked for working with the group to generate uri now.

   susie: update status of uri work

   EricP: need to work with the existing LSID work,

   Hi, David, we discussed F2F meeting, update of ISMB, and uri work

   this is a seperate group to discuss details of uri


   check with Susie for the uri discussion tcon or F2F in boston

   <Vipul> BIONT-DSE proposal,

   <vipul> [6]http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/OntologyTaskForce/BIONTDSEDCM

   <ericP> participants of a IG/WG group needs to follow W3C process
   (signing IP agreement, etc)

   <eneumann> EricP, what do you specifically mean by folks need to
   'enlist' to the HCLS group?

   <Chimizie> given the short time before HCLS charter expiry date, what
   is the expected outcome of this group?

   <Vipul> will discuss at the first meeting, defining the scope

   <Vipul> get someone from GE interested in the work,

   <ericP> need to make clear if someone want to formerly engaged in the
   group, then the process need to be followed, but don't mind the open
   discussion on how to get ehealth group interested.

   GE is currently not a member of W3c

   hl7 is a member, and GE is a member of HL7,

   does it make GE a member of W3C?

   there is a questionair to get concensus on the task during the extended

   EricP will put the link to the mailing list

   <ericP> [7]HCLS2 charter questionnaire

   <mscottm> gotta run - bye. EricP - sent you email about URI

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: chimezie for scribing next time [recorded in

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [9]scribe.perl version 1.128
    ([10]CVS log)
    $Date: 2007/08/06 22:34:51 $


   1. http://www.w3.org/
   2. http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-hcls-irc
   3. http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-hcls-minutes#agenda
   4. http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-hcls-minutes#ActionSummary
   5. http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-hcls-minutes.html#action01
   6. http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/OntologyTaskForce/BIONTDSEDCM
   7. http://www.w3.org/2007/06/HCLSForm
   8. http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-hcls-minutes.html#action01
   9. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
  10. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


office: +1.617.258.5741 NE43-344, MIT, Cambridge, MA 02144 USA
mobile: +1.617.599.3509

Feel free to forward this message to any list for any purpose other than
email address distribution.

Received on Monday, 6 August 2007 22:36:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:20:29 UTC