Re: NamedGraphs in Life_Sciences

Eric Neumann wrote:

Hi Eric,

> We welcome others to add their own examples or comments to this list,
> since it will be useful to capture these specific use-cases, and
> present them to the other technical SW W3C WG's. I would specifically
> point out their potential in implementing systems that could
> support annotations (and their provenance), whose believability may
> depend both on who contributed the annotation graph AND who
> is interested in accessing the annotation.

Indeed. This is what we are using in myGrid for collecting the RDF
provenance during workflow runs. The graph name of each workflow run
gives the signature to everything produced in each workflow run. It has
shown the potential interests from real bio-users, by allowing them to
retrieve data by their provenance signature, i.e. the run that produced
them. A talk about this application has been given in the RDF workshop
in Ediburgh this June by Daniele Turi, the main developer of this
component.
(http://www.mygrid.org.uk/wiki/pub/Mygrid/PresentationStore/lsid-edinburgh-20060609.ppt)

Best

Jun Zhao, PhD Student