Re: Face-to-face meeting minutes

Joanne Luciano wrote:

> Ivan,
>
> Thanks for cleaning up the minutes.
>
> I'm concerned about the section on LSIDs (the URI issue) as it doesn't
> reflect the enough of the
> discussion and may give the wrong impression, i.e. that we are
> anti-LSID.  For example, Alan's
> presentation of a scheme that ranges over all the resolution schemes.  I
> feel this is particularly
> important because many felt the topic goes beyond our scope with much of
> the expertise being
> held by people not present.

Don't kill the messenger, I just cleaned up what was on IRC:-) But I do
not think that we said 'anti-LSID' at any time. My (personal)
understanding of the discussion was that this IG is pretty much
oblivious to the exact usage pattern (HTTP URI or not, for example) of
LSID-s and does not feel that it could take any kind of formal statement
(not all stakeholders in LSID are represented in the IG, for example).
And that Alan's upcoming comments on the W3C TAG's document will make
sure that all the concerns of the LSID community will be reflected in
the TAG document.