Re: A precedent suggesting a compromise for the SWHCLS IG Best Practices (ARK)

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 18:01 -0400, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:
> Sean Martin writes:
>
> > This is a great paper. Many thanks for pointing to it. I wish I had
> > known of it earlier.
http://www.cdlib.org/inside/diglib/ark/arkcdl.pdf

Yes, that is interesting. Where did you find it, Henry?
hmm... perhaps from http://www.cdlib.org/inside/diglib/ark/

For reference, here's the title page info:

Towards Electronic Persistence Using ARK Identifiers
                              John A. Kunze
                         California Digital Library
University of California, Office of the President, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
                               jak@ucop.edu

Kunze himself cites it as:
 Towards Electronic Persistence Using ARK Identifiers,  J. Kunze,
Proceedings of the 3rd ECDL Workshop on Web Archives, August 2003,
http://bibnum.bnf.fr/ecdl/2003/proceedings.php?f=kunze

in his CV
  http://dot.ucop.edu/home/jak/cv.html

The technical spec is an Internet Draft; Internet Drafts
are notorious for going 404 themselves, but I found a
hidden source of persistent identifiers for IDs a while ago:

Internet-Draft: draft-kunze-ark-11.txt                          J. Kunze
ARK Identifier Scheme                    University of California (UCOP)
Expires 23 August 2006                                  R. P. C. Rodgers
                                         US National Library of Medicine

                  The ARK Persistent Identifier Scheme
http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-kunze-ark/

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E