RE: Semantic content negotiation (was Re: expectations of vocabulary)

Hi Xiaoshu,

> because the
> designer of one ontology would have no idea how it is going
> to be used.

I agree with you here but ...

> And I think how to treat a set of RDF
> triples, i.e., in what kind of closure is a consumer's issue

... I believe this is a semantic web issue also, but at a different
level--the consumer should likewise have no sense of this, the average
consumer should have some piece of information they are curious about
(for example, their patient has a cold with these interesting symptoms)
and wishes to know if there is interesting information about this.

This group seems to have forgotten that for the semantic web to be used
by more than a handful of hardcore researchers, it will need have tools
that are easy to use for the average joe researcher.  It feels like
there are a lot of levels that have gotten mixed up in the recent
discussions.

cheers,
Michael

Michael Miller