RE: [HCLS-ACPP] July 18 Tcon Minutes and "use of rules with ontology in semantic web" tutorial session in next Tcon on July 25

Hi, Vipul

Thanks so much for your paper.  It provides an ideal test case for ACPP to
work on :)  I will try to apply our ACPP ontology and develop some rules
accordingly to see if our proposed ACPP ontology is adequate to represent
the knowledge outlined in your paper.

You are welcome to join our discussion next Tuesday!

Helen

"Kashyap, Vipul" <VKASHYAP1@PARTNERS.ORG>
Sent by: public-semweb-lifesci-request@w3.org
07/20/2006 11:54 AM

Helen Chen/AMPJB/AGFA@AGFA, <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [HCLS-ACPP] July 18 Tcon Minutes and "use of rules with ontology in
semantic web" tutorial session in next Tcon on July 25

Helen,

Attached with this e-mail is an AMIA submission which discusses the use of
ontologies and rules in the context of representing a diabetes guideline.

Pending acceptance at AMIA 2006, the paper can be referenced as a Tech
Report, CIRD, Partners HealthCare, Tech Report No. CIRD-20060322-01.

We propose that introducing ontologies in the context of rules in clinical
guideline context has a more significant impact on knowledge change and
Maintenance and total cost of ownership of rule bases as opposed to
execution performance.

Look forward to comments and feedback..

Cheers,

---Vipul

Vipul Kashyap, Ph.D.
Senior Medical Informatician
Clinical Informatics R&D, Partners HealthCare System
Phone: (781)416-9254
Cell: (617)943-7120
http://www.partners.org/cird/AboutUs.asp?cBox=Staff&stAb=vik

To keep up you need the right answers; to get ahead you need the right
questions
---John Browning and Spencer Reiss, Wired 6.04.95