Re: ontology specs for self-publishing experiment

Hi Trish,

What was the specifics of the argument for alphanumeric versus numeric
identifiers?

If you check out the go-format list I recently sent some examples that
use identifiers of the form

http://www.bioontologies.org/2006/02/obo/GO#0000001

Details are in
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=24431577

BTW, all of them are alphanumeric in the sense that they are URIs. But
a little care needs to be taken because of  qnames, etc. used in xml.
Nothing that can't be worked around in a reasonable manner.

Regards,
Alan