W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org > December 2006

Dec 14 HCLSIG TC Minutes

From: Eric Neumann <eneumann@teranode.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:14:24 -0500
Message-ID: <A3970D83EC72E84B8D2C2400CD6F0B9F1ED33B@MI8NYCMAIL16.Mi8.com>
To: "W3C HCLSIG" <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

Dec 14 HCLSIG TC Minutes

Raw minutes at:    http://www.w3.org/2006/12/14-hcls-minutes.html

Attendees: [mscottm], Alan_Ruttenberg, Eric_Neumann, Kei, Don_Doherty, Joanne_Luciano, Bill_Bug, Vipul_Kashyap, Helen Chen


<mscottm> yes
<mscottm> Hint: I've had problems getting on Zakim before because I wasn't holding the touch tone keys down long enough.
zakim who is here
Kei: Don to work with vipu on ontology
... need more input on "key challenges"
need to address callenges in B2B
<kei> anyone thinking about literature mining?
<Alan> : will take the action to write this point
<Kei> maybe Davide can work with Alan for NLP on text mining
<Alan> willing to do a first review pass over weekend
<Alan> most content is already there,
<Alan> editing need to start right away
<eneumann> Someone is breathing to loudly...
<samwaldmatthias> I would suggest to remove the one with the properties.
<eneumann> If an ontology figure is used, I would also suggest it is not a protege diagram, but abstracted to a simpler form.
<Helen> +1
<vipul> ontology section need to be refined,
<Kei> second figure with details may be deleted
<Kei> higher level the better to explain the vision
<Eric> : suggest to have a figure to show various groups that are working on ontology and related knowledge base, and their over-lap
<eneumann> I'll add, the goal is to show the broad re-use of components, as well as the connectivity across multiple sub-domains (biomed research, healthcare, clinical trials, etc)
<Bill> use differnt color to show over-lap on concept level and data source level
<Alan> diagram will have to support with text
<Bill> 2.2. Need to show the identified use cases
<eneumann> for a figure, see http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/OntologyTaskForce/OntologyCovering <http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/OntologyTaskForce/OntologyCovering> 
<Bill> will send PPT to vipul on ontology efforts and concept mapping
<Bill> need to 1. specify the domain we worked on, 2. exsiting efforts and projects
<Kei> will contact individual for the needed pieces
Helen, Vipul and Bill are still working on their sections.
<Alan> need go through the first editing and flag places need citation
<Helen> ACPP group has concern about the "bed-side", i.e. clinical trials, guidelines on patient treatment
<Alan> Suggest Helen to go through the paper and identify places need to add content pertaining bed-side
<samwaldmatthias> We cannot send the .doc or .pdf export directly to BMC. In needs to be formatted according to a template.
<samwaldmatthias> Furthermore, we need to get the citations right.
<samwaldmatthias> Diagrams need to be submitted in .eps or .pdf (vector graphics)
<Eric> Kei needs to take the lead and tell individual's effort
<Bill> consider to write biblio in .doc and end notes
<Alan> move content out of googleDoc, and starting editing tomorrow night
<eric> tomorrow night (Dec. 15), all writing should stop,
<eric> editing need to be done in serial
<eneumann> ACTION: Content will be moved off from googleDoc to Word COB Dec 15; to be serially edited by Alan, Helen, Vipul, and returned to Kei Dec 20. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/14-hcls-minutes.html#action01 <http://www.w3.org/2006/12/14-hcls-minutes.html#action01> ]
<Alan> need to mention AJ Chen's work on publishing
<jluciano2> i need to go.... have a hard stop at noon. Happy Holidays!
<eric> no Tcon next week, next call will be in Jan. 4
<alanr> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/ScientificPublishingTaskForce <http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/ScientificPublishingTaskForce> 
Next call will be in Jan. 11, instead
<Bill> At high level, PD and AD have many phentype similarities, hope to state in vision section of this paper
<Bill> bring mouse model to clinical patient treatment
happy holiday to everyone
<BillBug> chappy cholidays!

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Content will be moved off from googleDoc to Word COB Dec 15; to be serially edited by Alan, Helen, Vipul, and returned to Kei Dec 20. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/12/14-hcls-minutes.html#action01 <http://www.w3.org/2006/12/14-hcls-minutes.html#action01> ]

 

[End of minutes]




Eric Neumann, PhD
co-chair, W3C Healthcare and Life Sciences,
and Senior Director Product Strategy
Teranode Corporation
411 1st Avenue South, Suite 700
Seattle, WA 98104
+1 (781)856-9132
www.teranode.com 
Received on Thursday, 14 December 2006 23:15:34 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:20:21 UTC