Re: [HCLS-ACPP] Weekly Tcon today - 1:00-2:00pm

Hi,

Here's a short list of Evidence Code / Ontology Links/papers:

1. SRI/Peter Karp - the BioCyc family of pathway databases:

Paper:   An Evidence Ontology for Use in Pathway/Genome Databases

Their site is apparently down now, but if you go to the site and look
at the details of pathways (if I remember correctly) they use icons
to indicate the evidence of a particular piece of data in a pathway.

Here's the paper: 	http://psb.stanford.edu/psb-online/proceedings/
psb04/karp.pdf

2.  The Gene Ontology:

http://www.geneontology.org/GO.evidence.shtml

IC: Inferred by Curator
IDA: Inferred from Direct Assay
IEA: Inferred from Electronic Annotation
IEP: Inferred from Expression Pattern
IGI: Inferred from Genetic Interaction
IMP: Inferred from Mutant Phenotype
IPI: Inferred from Physical Interaction
ISS: Inferred from Sequence or Structural Similarity
NAS: Non-traceable Author Statement
ND: No biological Data available
RCA: inferred from Reviewed Computational Analysis
TAS: Traceable Author Statement
NR: Not Recorded
3.  Evidence Based Medicine (http://ebmg.wiley.com/sovellukset/ltk/
ebmgfrontpage.html)

Over 2 500 high-quality evidence summaries supporting the given
recommendations – a specific feature of the guidelines is the use of
evidence codes (graded from A where strong evidence exists and
further research is unlikely to change the conclusion, to D where the
evidence is weak and the estimate of effect is uncertain)·

Joanne