Re: Draft rNews 1.0 OWL Ontology: Feedback Requested [via Semantic News]

Dear Stuart, all,

     in the context of the Spanish research project Buscamedia [1],
particularly within WP3 (PT3: M3 Ontology), we are developing a
multimedia, multilingual, and multidomain ontology network called M3
[2]. As part of this ontology, we are modelling the news domain, for
this reason we have created an ontology in OWL called rNews, on the
basis of the specification available at [3].
After finishing this ontology, we have realized that a draft of an
ontology about rNews has been also developed in the context of the
Semantic News Community Group [4].

For this reason, we have decided to perform a comparative analysis
between these two ontologies in order to identify similarities and
differences. This analysis can benefit the development of just one
ontology (rNews) taking into account the two already implemented ontologies.

Attached you can find the document with the comparative analysis.
I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

         Buscamedia PT3 Team.

-------

[1] http://www.cenitbuscamedia.es/
[2]
http://mayor2.dia.fi.upm.es/oeg-upm/index.php/en/ontologies/224-buscamedia-ontologies-m3
[3] http://dev.iptc.org/rNews-10-Introduction-to-rNews
[4] http://www.w3.org/community/semnews/

El 15/05/2012 19:00, Stuart Myles escribió:
> We've created an IPTC rNews 1.0 ontology file in OWL. It is available at
> http://dev.iptc.org/files/rNews/rnews_1.0_draft1.owl This is just a draft, but
> we'd like to get feedback from the experts on any improvements we can make,
> whether it is in syntax, structure, documentation or any other aspect. So, let
> us know what you think! Regards, Stuart
>

> ----------
>
> This post sent on Semantic News
>

> 'Draft rNews 1.0 OWL Ontology: Feedback Requested'
>
> http://www.w3.org/community/semnews/2012/05/15/draft-rnews-1-0-owl-ontology-feedback-requested/
>

> Learn more about the Semantic News:
>
> http://www.w3.org/community/semnews

  Dr. Mari Carmen Suárez-Figueroa