Re: [remote-playback] [Privacy] Request to disable monitoring when disableRemotePlayback is set

From: Google <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2017 23:19:46 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
If `disableRemotePlayback` is set on a media element, won't that also disable remote playback UI on the default controls/toolbar?

I agree that an empty set of availability callbacks shouldn't disable monitoring though.

We may want to clarify that there if there is a browser level control to disable background monitoring, how the API should behave.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mfoltzgoogle
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/remote-playback/issues/80#issuecomment-300017571 using your GitHub account