Re: [remote-playback] Merge steps 5 and 9 for prompt() algorithm

From: Google <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 20:04:56 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
There are two other issues I noted when preparing #76.

- I don't see a guarantee that the steps to start monitoring devices in 7 complete before step 9 is encountered.  If they don't happen to find a device in time, then prompt will reject.
- If the steps to monitor do complete, then steps 8 and 9 seem to be equivalent: if a compatible remote playback device is found, then availability must be set to true?
- Steps 8 and 9 throw `NotSupportedError` while Presentation API throws `NotFoundError` for this case.

I think the simplest thing to do is to drop step 9.  This leaves 8 for the case where the user agent knows that there will never be a compatible device, e.g. because discovery failed to start or it is in a stable state from a previous call. WDYT?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mfoltzgoogle
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/remote-playback/issues/64#issuecomment-299294052 using your GitHub account