Re: [presentation-api] Clarify event order when establishing a presentation connection

From: Anne van Kesteren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 08:55:00 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
> As an implementer, the concept of a "task source" is an abstraction
used to determine the order of callbacks in a fundamentally
single-threaded renderer. Everything used to implement the API is
going to run in a different process on various threads, and it's not
clear how I would map a "task source" onto that execution model.

This is wrong. The threads are the "in parallel" steps (I think we
should flush those out in more detail, but we don't really have the
infrastructure defined for that yet). The event loop and its tasks are
 where JavaScript runs (e.g. a document or worker) and do in fact
match what implementations are supposed to do there. So if that
language does not match up somehow, there is a problem.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by annevk
Please view or discuss this issue at