Publish a new Candidate Recommendation for Presentation API?

From: mark a. foltz <mfoltz@google.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 17:20:59 -0800
To: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>, "Kostiainen, Anssi" <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Cc: "public-secondscreen@w3.org" <public-secondscreen@w3.org>
Francois, Anssi,

I was wondering if we should set a milestone of publishing a new Candidate
Recommendation, given the amount of work that has happened since the last
one was published.  Please let me know what your thoughts are from a
process point of view.

Background:

A number of PRs [1] have landed since the last Candidate Recommendation was
published for the Presentation API in July [2].  There are 7 outstanding
pull requests and I would say 5-6 more forthcoming to resolve outstanding
issues filed in GitHub [3].

As far as implementation progress, we have made some significant progress
in Chrome on resolving outstanding conformance issues, and now pass most of
the Web platform tests on the controlling API.  I haven't done a full pass
of the controlling test suite against top of tree Chrome but could add that
as a work item for us.

Work on the two larger items for interop - multiple URL support and
receiver API - continues but hasn't fully landed yet.

[1] https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/compare/TR...gh-pages
[2] https://www.w3.org/TR/presentation-api/
[3] https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/issues