Re: CfC: Publish First Public Working Draft of Remote Playback, review by 11 July

Hi All,

> On 27 Jun 2016, at 16:08, Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:
>
> This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to publish a First Public Working Draft (FPWD) [1] of the Remote Playback API with the shortname "remote-playback".
>
> Please review the latest Editor's Draft [2] as well as the F2F resolutions the group agreed to integrate to the spec before we publish (summary at [3]). The FPWD publication is conditional to these resolutions being integrated into the spec.

The F2F resolutions have been integrated into the spec, see:

https://github.com/w3c/remote-playback/commit/b800f479c8ad6ed534f5013cd24fd8fe12377fda

Thanks to group participants and editors for addressing the open issues.

> This CfC ends 11 July 2016. If more time is needed for the review, please inform me. Silence is considered an agreement to publish.

The CfC closed with no concerns. The spec will be published as a First Public Working Draft shortly, estimated publication date is 14 July 2016.

> Please note that a FPWD is what the name suggests -- a first draft. That is, a FPWD does not need to be perfect and subsequent change is to be expected. By publishing a FPWD the specification will get wider review and visibility. Publication as a FPWD also triggers a Call for Exclusions, per section 4 of the W3C Patent Policy [4].

Thanks,

-Anssi (WG Chair)